Comment on page
A detailed look into the quiz configuration settings
Once you've created your quiz it's time to set the configuration to enforce how this quiz can be used. Go to Quiz>Experience to to edit the quiz experience.
Quiz Experience modes and lengths
🚨 Quizzes in exams will have some configurations overridden by the exam level configuration
Select the modes users will be able to take the quiz in, in order to have a Timed exam, the timer must be enabled.
- Practice: Untimed, questions are marked after each response, students shown answers immediately and feedback is given instantly.
- Exam: Untimed, questions are marked at the end of an attempt, feedback given depending on results page configuration
- Timed exam: Untimed, questions are marked at the end of an attempt. If there are no sections then timer can be set on this page. If sections are being used, times will be calculated from the section page. Timer must be enabled before this mode can be selected
Infer timer: Time for quiz will be calculated based on the individual timers on each question
Enforce full time: Will not allow students to finish the quiz (or section) before the time runs out (generally we don't recommend you use this)
These settings allow you to restrict students' ability to copy and / or paste in a test. Whilst this will stop the majority of students being able to copy and paste it is important to understand the limitations of the feature.
- Copying of question content (including text and images) via keyboard shortcuts and right clicking
- Copying from the results page
- Pasting into the answer box
- Dragging content into the answer box
- Copying of videos, this is down to the sharing settings on the video's host site (YouTube, Vimeo etc)
- Technical attempts of copying and pasting, for example via the DOM editor/browser
If you are concerned about further protecting your IP and / or outlining the consequences of cheating, we strongly recommend including some copy in your Terms and Conditions explaining this to your end users.
Soft sections: Enabling soft sections means users will be able to view previously submitted sections but they cannot change their answers
Shuffle sections: Shuffle the order of sections in a quiz or exam so different users will have a different order of sections.
Shuffle questions: Shuffle the order of questions in a section
Calculator: Enable or disable either a standard or scientific calculator
Notepad: This functionality allows users to enable a temporary note pad during the execution of quizzes or examinations, offering the capacity to make annotations related to specific questions. These notes will not be saved after the attempt is submitted and will not be visible to you as an admin
Student side notepad on an exam attempt
Bookmarking: This feature allows users to bookmark a question so they can easily find it and come back to it later. It's important to note that bookmarking a question won't allow users to come back to it if they submit the section it is in. Users can easily find their book marked question by opening the quiz controls in the right hand menu.
Bookmarking a question and returning to it via the quiz controls
Flagging: Enable or disable the ability for students to flag a question for content moderation by admins.
Show available marks: Displays the available marks for a question to the user during the attempt